1. To harness the environment friendly RE sources and to enhance their contribution to the socio-economic development
2. To meet and supplement rural energy needs through sustainable RE projects.
3. To provide decentralized energy supply to agriculture, industry, commercial and household sector.
4. To supplement efforts in bridging the gap between demand and supply of power, with renewable energy sources and
strengthening the grid system and evacuation arrangements for RE projects.
5. To support efforts for developing, demonstrating and commercializing new and emerging technologies in the RE sector,
and to this end, help establish linkages with national and international institutions for active collaboration.
6. To create public awareness and involve users/local community along with capacity building in establishing, operating
and managing RE projects.
7. To establish dedicated renewable energy “Special Economic Zones” (SEZ) to promote renewable energy projects.
8. To give necessary support & facilitation to the entrepreneurs and investors to successfully implement RE projects to
produce more renewable energy without delay and to attract more investment in state by the private developers.
9. To initiate necessary measures in energy conservation.
10.To create direct and indirect employment opportunities especially in rural and backward areas.
It's not just about clean energy - we give you solutions for reliable power, year after year. Solar costs are coming down and getting more competitive with generators and other conventional power sources. The useful life of a PV unit can exceed 30 years, making photovoltaic technology a cost effecttive energy solution in the long term. While a majority of the world's current electricity supply is generated from fossil fuels such as coal, oil and natural gas, these traditional energy sources face a number of challenges including rising prices, security concerns over dependence on imports from a limited number of countries which have significant fossil fuel supplies, and growing environmental concerns over the climate change risks associated with power generation using fossil fuels. As a result of these and other challenges facing traditional energy sources, governments, businesses and consumers are increasingly supporting the development of alternative energy sources and new technologies for electricity generation. Renewable energy sources such as solar, biomass, geothermal, hydroelectric and windpower generation have emerged as potential alternatives which address some of these concerns. As opposed to fossil fuels, which draw on finite resources that may eventually become too expensive to retrieve, renewable energy sources are generally unlimited in availability.
Solar power generation has emerged as one of the most rapidly growing renewable sources of electricity. Solar power generation has several advantages over other forms of electricity generation from which are the following;
1. Reduced Dependence on Fossil Fuels. Solar energy production does not require fossil fuels and is therefore less
dependent on this limited and expensive natural resource. Although there is variability in the amount and timing of
sunlight over the day, season and year, a properly sized and configured system can be designed to be highly reliable
while providing long-term, fixed price electricity supply.
2. Environmental Advantages. Solar power production generates electricity with a limited impact on the environment
as compared to other forms of electricity production.
3. Matching Peak Time Output with Peak Time Demand. Solar energy can effectively supplement electricity supply
from an electricity transmission grid, such as when electricity demand peaks in the summer
4. Modularity and Scalability. As the size and generating capacity of a solar system are a function of the number of solar
modules installed, applications of solar technology are readily scalable and versatile.
5. Flexible Locations. Solar power production facilities can be installed at the customer site which reduces required
investments in production and transportation infrastructure.